vendredi 1 mai 2020

Wonderful memories of climbing with some really great mates over the years Number 6.

Wonderful memories of climbing with some really great mates over the years Number 6.

OK, so you've got the idea by now. My mates and I were really keen and motivated. We'd all been well and truly bitten by the climbing bug. We lived for the weekends to go climbing again.

Then it all changed and I pretty much turned my back on my friends (unintentionally of course). All because of love.

Pete and I headed off to The Lakes, in his Spitfire, for the two week summer holiday in 1976. We'd just done "North Crag Eliminate" and "Agony" and fancied a bit of bouldering on Scout Crag, near where we were camping in Langdale. After a while we got chatting with a couple of lovely young lasses and arranged to meet them later in the pub. (We were completely unaware of Mick Johnston and his older brother Ian, who were both sniffing around after the same pize at the time, trying to sow seeds of doubt: "Don't believe them, they don't climb Extremes".)

Anyway, long story short. We're still together after all these years. I'm so glad to have found my true soul mate, we do everything together (except walk the dog when it's raining). Haha. Thanks Elaine for putting up with me for so long xxx







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire